It was lovely to see the children back in class in their smart new uniforms ready to begin learning again, albeit through a few yawns! 🙂
As with the start of a new Autumn term, there is a plethora of letters and new information to take on in the first couple of days.
Notices for the New Term:
- Term dates 2021-22 letter was sent out yesterday for this year which included Inset Days. Next one is Friday 1st October 2021.
- Home School Agreements and Home Learning Expectations letters will be coming home so please read these with your child as we will be encouraging children to be completing their daily tasks at home to consolidate and practise the skills they are learning in school. This is especially beneficial to those children who find aspects of Maths and English challenging.
- Home learning in Maths and English will be set on a Thursday to be returned by the following Thursday. This will be stuck into your child’s home learning book weekly.
- Home Reading Journals will be issued next Thursday and a book review will be expected every two weeks. Dates to follow.
- Creative homework for the Autumn term will be linked to our WW2 topic. There are suggested activities for your child to do but if they have ideas of their own linked to the topic then we would love to see their creativity. Expectation is 2 pieces of creative home learning over the whole term.
- The Y5 Must Read list of 6 books has been sent home. The expectation is for your child to read a book every half term. However if your child would like to read more then they can. If your child finds the texts challenging to read independently, we would encourage maybe listening to an audio book version or reading together so your child is exposed to hearing rich, quality vocabulary and narrative. Copies of the books will be available in the school and local libraries.
- End of school time is 3.15pm and as Year 5 are a playground classroom we will be exiting the building promptly. If you would like your child to exit the North Playground independently then will need a new permission letter, email or note from parents to allow this in this new academic year. Copies of school letters are available from the office or your can email the office or send a note in with your child.
- PE kits will continue to be worn in on PE days – Next PE day for Year 5 is Monday 6th September.
- Please continue to provide your child with a water bottle and if they wear glasses, please send those in too.
- If your child has existing or any new medical information or medication that the school requires please let the office and class teacher know to make sure we are prepared for a medical need.
- Year 5 Welcome Meeting – online – Monday 13th September 4-4.30pm (details to follow)
- WW2 Evacuation Day – in school – Tuesday 21st September (details to follow)
Year 5 teaching staff are available at the end of the school day on the playground if you wish to ask any questions about our new year.
Enjoy your weekend,
The Year 5 Team