We hope that you are all well and that you are having a good week so far.
In English, Year Four have created an excellent set of Spider Non Chronological Reports. We look forward to collating them and creating a spooky book as a gift for each of the Year Four classes. In Maths, we have been learning about perimeter and how to calculate the total distance around the outside of shapes. We have also been converting measurements between mm, cm and m, using a place value grid. Can you have a go at taking some measurements at home? Which equipment could you use to help you? What would the measurement be in… mm, cm, m, km?
Please see the list below for a few quick reminders for next week:
- Please ensure your child is wearing their PE kit to school on Monday. They shall be taking part in a PE session with their class teacher on the school field.
- Thank you to everyone who has brought in their resources for making our D&T torches. Please continue to bring in any toilet rolls, decorations, tin foil, etc.
- Spelling / Vocabulary home learning books to be handed in on Thursday 12th November 2020. We will not be collecting in Reading Home Learning Journals as these shall be marked on a two weekly basis.
- Quick reminder: Individual School Photos shall take place on Thursday 12th November 2020. Please ensure your child remembers to bring their jumpers and cardigans.
- Just a brief note to say that we were disappointed to see only a very small number of children logging in to use their Sumdog accounts last week. The tasks set on here and on our other online learning platforms (My Maths, Times Table Rockstars) have been carefully selected to support the children across their curriculum learning. Please do not hesitate to contact us if your child has misplaced any of their logins, we are very happy to help.
We hope that you all have a lovely weekend,
Miss Honeywell, Miss Jackson-Nash and Mrs Cairns